Skip to main content

Davidson (NC) Newspaper Collection

 Collection
Identifier: DC091

Scope and Contents

The collection consists of runs, some incomplete, for 10 local papers. These papers have been digitized and are available on the Archives & Special Collections website.

Dates

  • 1930 - 1958

Biographical / Historical

The first known newspaper for the town of Davidson was the Weekly Enterprise published in 1883-1884 (See DC0084s). Between the 1880s and 1930s, town news was included in the college student magazines and newspapers. Beginning in 1930, there were a series of small papers issued for the town. Many were written by local high school students. The Mecklenburg Gazette began publication on August 26, 1948, providing the town with a full newspaper. High school students continued their efforts into the 1950s with more school news and less town news.

Extent

0.417 Linear Feet (1 box)

Language

English

Physical Location

Carrel Storage

Processing Information

Processed on Jul-11
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin

Repository Details

Part of the Manuscript Collections Repository