Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 20
Scope and Contents The collection consists a manuscript copy of J. H. Bryson's commencement sermon, "The Importance of Revealed Truth," given at Davidson College, June 25, 1876.
Scope and Contents This collection consists of correspondence 1859-1861 and speeches. The correspondence includes letters written to Thompson from W. N. Dickey, Drury Lacy, and others. The speeches include a manuscript copy of an essay "Music" given in 1859 and a printed copy of Thompson's Valedictory Address given in 1860.
Dates: 1859 - 1861
Scope and Contents The collection consists of Seabrook's Latin Salutatory address.
Scope and Contents As a student at Davidson, Paul B. Freeland kept an extensive scrapbook. This scrapbook documents the history of Davidson from 1921-1925. The scrapbook is divided into four time periods -- each according the the four years that Paul was a student -- his freshman, sophomore, junior and senior year. Of particular note, there is a listing of the scores of football, basketball, track and tennis scores from 1921-1922. There is also a lot of information on the history of the class of 1925. Photographs...
Dates: 1921 - 1925
Scope and Contents The collection consists of Sherrill's Valedictory Address given in 1841 and a photocopy of his diary from September 1837 to January 1852. The diary begins on the first day of his second term at Davidson and covers his time at Davidson, his early career as a teacher, his time at Columbia Seminary, and the early years of his ministry. Much of the journal is personal reflections on the state of his faith but he also includes references to visits with friends, travel and church matters.
Dates: 1837 - 1852
Scope and Contents The collection consists of Gaddy's college notebook. The first entry indicates the notebook is intended to be record of his college experiences. A second note dated 1859 indicates that only a few speeches were ever added to the notebook. The speeches are on Cheap Literature, the Acquisition of Cuba, and Gaddy's valedictory address.
Dates: 1854 - 1859
Scope and Contents This collection consists of Stewart's "Response to Valedictory" speech given at the Davidson Commencement of 1842 and a letter written to William M. Reid soliciting funds for a building for the Eumenean Society.
Dates: 1842 - 1843
Scope and Contents The collection consists of classwork and speeches written by Wilson. The speeches include his Inaugural Address as president of the Philanthropic Society in 1848 and his graduation address.
Dates: 1847 - 1850
Scope and Contents The collection consists of college compositions, and speeches, including English's valedictory address. The speeches and papers are on such topics as the Catholic Church, Bible history and happiness.
Dates: 1867 - 1872
- Subject: Davidson College - Commencement X
- Davidson College - Students 17
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American - 19th century 9
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American - 20th century 4
- Davidson College - Eumenean Society 3
- Davidson College - Philanthropic Society 3
- Athletics - Football 1
- Athletics - Tennis 1
- Athletics - Track 1
- Blue Ridge Summer School 1
- Catholic Church - Controversial Literature - Protestant authors 1
- Davidson College - Class of 1925 1
- Davidson College - Davidson Day 1
- Davidson College - Freshman experience 1
- Davidson College - Military Training 1
- Davidson College - Religion 1
- Dickey, William Nathan, 1834-1905 (1860) 1
- Egg Rock 1
- Freeland, Paul Butterfield (192)5 1
- Hazing 1
- Lacy, Drury, 1802-1884 1
- Postcards 1
- Speeches, Addresses, etc. - American, 19th Century 1
- Watts Dormitory - Fire 1
- Women 1 ∧ less
- Alexander, Charles Carroll, 1832-1866. (Class of 1853) 1
- Athletics - Basketball 1
- Bryson, John Henry 1
- Burke, Henry Theodore, 1830-1894. (Class of 1850) 1
- English, Thomas Reese, 1859-1915. (Class of 1872) 1
- Freeland, Paul Butterfield, 1904-1976 (1925) 1
- Gaddy, Risden Bennett, 1838-1899 (1859) 1
- Gamble, William Arnette, 1894-1973. (Class of 1923) 1
- Gibson, James Hampton, 1828-1887. (Class of 1854) 1
- Hamilton, E. H. (Evelyn Harrison), 1895-1990. (Class of 1917) 1
- Houston, James Franklin, 1826-1858 (1848) 1
- McGirt, Charles Augustus, 1897-1972. (Class of 1920) 1
- Mills, Ann M. 1
- Morrison, Harlee, 1894-1985. (Class of 1916) 1
- Seabrook, Josiah McLeod, 1852-1906. (Class of 1877) 1
- Sherrill, Richard Ellis, 1816-1897. (Class of 1841) 1
- Smith, James Bayliss, 1849-1872. (Class of 1870) 1
- Stewart, Robert O. P. (Robert Octavius Patton), 1822-1850. (Class of 1843) 1
- Thacker, James Ernest, 1869-1945. (Class of 1890) 1
- Thompson, Joseph, 1834-1862. (Class of 1860) 1
- Wilson, Thomas Adams, 1827-1862 (1850) 1
- Wilson, Woodrow, 1856-1924. 1 ∧ less