Showing Collections: 11 - 19 of 19
Scope and Contents The 1929 scrapbook contains postcards, photographs, clippings and Pfohl's application form for Wainright Band and Orchestra Camp in Lagrange, Indiana. The 1933-1934 scrapbook documents Pfohl's graduation, appointment as music director and first year at Davidson College. The 1934 scrapbook contains photographs and clippings about various Davidson College musical groups, including the Symphonic Band, Orchestra and Glee club and the Concert Series. There are two scrapbooks labeled 1934-1935 one...
Scope and Contents The collection consists of a letter written by Lynch describing her father's teaching years at Davidson.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of one original letter and photocopies of three letters (location of the originals is unknown). The letters discuss Davidson College, its president, Samuel Williamson, and the Presbyterian church. Additional correspondence with Wilson can be found in RG 2/1.2, President Samuel Williamson records.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of correspondence and literary materials. The correspondence includes a letter from Louis T. Wilds, a Davidson College graduate of 1906 and former student of Thomas P. Harrison, Sr and letters of Harrison, Jr. to Mary Beaty. The literary material is an article by Harrison, Jr. about his childhood in Davidson.
Dates: 1944 - 1982
Scope and Contents The collection consists of correspondence with Dr. George B. Watts on courses taught at Davidson (1926) and with L.M. Hoffman on college development (1916).
Dates: 1916 - 1926
Scope and Contents The collection consists of a certificate from Washington College (now Washington and Lee University) conferring upon Vinson the title of Distinguished Undergraduate. The certificate is dated 22 June 1871 and is signed by Robert E. Lee. Lee was president of Washington College until his death in 1870.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of legal and financial materials, notebooks, and printed material. The legal and financial materials include a reference letter, contracts for mineral rights, and receipts. The notebooks are Grey's grade books for his Latin classes. The printed material is a copy of Grey's dissertation, "The Treatment of Philosophy and Philosophers by the Greek Comic Poets."
Dates: 1896 - 1917
Scope and Contents The collection contains twelve notebooks of class notes from both Davidson and Johns Hopkins, subjects including: Greek Literature, Cicero, Greek Syntax, Greek Philosophy, History of Philosophy, and Latin. A thirteenth notebook appears to have been written during his time in Alabama, as the only date mentioned in it is 1910.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1875 - 1910
Scope and Contents The collection consists of a letter dated July 19, 1918 and fragments of two other letters. The letters describe activities of faculty and staff at Davidson College, 1877-1883.
Dates: 1918 and undated
- Subject: Davidson College - Faculty X
- Davidson College -- Students 10
- Davidson (N.C.) -- History 5
- African-Americans 1
- Civil War 1
- Davidson College - Boarding Houses 1
- Davidson College - Curriculum 1
- Davidson College - Humanities Program 1
- Davidson College - Philanthropic Society 1
- Davidson College - Staff 1
- Davidson, Chalmers Gaston 1
- Emerson, Ralph Waldo 1
- Erwin, Edward Jones, 1885-1954 (1906) 1
- Iredell County (N.C.) 1
- Lilly, Henry Tracy (1918), 1897-1973 1
- Lilly, Mrs. Henry Tracy, 1912-1995 1
- Lingle, Walter Lee, 1868-1956 (1892) 1
- Lynch, William Bingham, 1834- 1
- McGeachy, D.P. III (1951) 1
- McKnight, John (1928) 1
- Milton, John 1
- Music 1
- Presbyterian Church - History 1
- Presbyterian Church -- North Carolina 1
- Sandifier, Myron G. Jr. (1943) 1
- Simmons, Frank 1
- Soviet Union 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American - 19th century 1
- Wilds, Louis Trezevant, 1885- (1906) 1
- Williamson, Samuel, 1795-1882 1
- Workman, William G. (1962) 1 ∧ less
- Burwell, Dandridge Spottswood, 1847-1929 (1865) 1
- Carson, William Waller, 1845- 1
- Chambers, Henry Alexander, 1841- (1864) 1
- Doar, Harriet 1
- Fleming, William Scott (Class of 1878) 1
- Fries, Henry Elias, 1857-1949. (Class of 1878) 1
- Grey, William Richard, 1858-1944 (1884) 1
- Harding, Caleb Richmond, 1861-1952 1
- Harrison, Thomas Perrin Jr., 1897- 1
- Hoffman, Laban Miles, 1846- (1869) 1
- Lee, Robert E. (Robert Edward), 1807-1870 1
- Lilly, Henry Tracy, 1897-1973. (Class of 1918) 1
- Lingle, Thomas Wilson, 1871- (1893) 1
- Lynch, Rebecca Neal 1
- McGeachy, John Alexander, 1911-1992. (Class of 1934) 1
- Munroe, Colin Alexander, 1844-1919 (1872) 1
- Pfohl, James Christian 1
- Rockwell, Elijah Frink, 1809-1888 1
- Sampson, Anne E. 1
- Shaw, Cornelia Rebekah 1
- Silliman, Benjamin, 1779-1864 1
- Vinson, William D., 1849-1897 1
- Wharton, Lacy Donnell, 1905- (1927) 1
- Wilson, Samuel Blain, 1783-1869 1 ∧ less