Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 22
Scope and Contents The collection consists of a letter to Miss Cornelia Shaw describing Davidson College in the 1880s.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of letters written by McKeown to friends describing college life and student unrest. There are also typescripts of the letters.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of two letters written by Munroe. The first written in 1869 while Munroe was a student describes Davidson College and the faculty. There is also a typescript of the letter. The second letter was written in 1917 to Miss Cornelia Shaw and gives his memories of college life.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of two letters written after the burning of the Old Chambers building. McGeachy lived in Old Chambers and the letters describe the fire and the conditions immediately after the fire.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of correspondence (1850-1869), reports (1848-1857), literary materials (1851-1867), and a certificate (1783). The correspondence includes a letter to Benjamin Silliman (1850) and letters about Davidson College (1867-1869). The reports include a subscription book for the college (1848-1850), an account book (1854-1857) and a report of the Treasurer(1850). The literary materials include notebooks of clippings about church history and the American Revolution with...
Scope and Contents The collection consists of correspondence (1903-1920) and literary materials (1903-1912). The correspondence includes letters from family and Miss Cornelia Shaw as well as letters written by McDowell. The letters mostly discuss Davidson College history, including the Civil War period. The literary materials are copies of articles written by McDowell on Davidson College.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of a letter written to Miss Cornelia Shaw, librarian of Davidson College. The letter gives some family history and describes college life and the faculty in the 1860s. For the typescript of "The Chambers Family of Iredell County" by Henry Chambers, see the Farmville file in Chalmer Davidson's Plantation files (DC058).
Scope and Contents The collection consists of a letter written to Miss Cornelia Shaw describing Scott's college experiences.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of letters written by McCombs to his brother about family matters and college life. The majority of the letters date from 1854 to 1856. There are four letters from the period 1870 to 1885. Several letters in 1855 discuss the student unrest at Davidson over student suspensions and the donation by Maxwell Chambers.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of correspondence concerning the Concord Presbytery, the manuscript of a biography of Rev. John Bunyan Shearer by Rumple, and manuscript notes about Davidson College in the 1840s.
- Subject: Davidson College - History X
- Shaw, Cornelia Rebekah 5
- Chambers, Henry Alexander, 1841- (1864) 1
- Chambers, Maxwell 1
- Clifford, Mary Scofield 1
- Cobb, Paul Whitlock (1950) 1
- Dyer, Mrs. Goudyloch Erwin 1
- Gilchrist, John William Stuart, 1894-1970 (1915) 1
- Harrison, Thomas Perrin Jr., 1897- 1
- Jackson, Julia 1
- Jackson, Stonewall, 1824-1863 1
- Lacy Family 1
- Lacy, Mary Rice, 1816-1880 1
- Long, McKendree Robbins, 1888-1976 (1910) 1
- McCombs, James Parks, 1836-1902 (1859) 1
- McDowell, Franklin Brevard, 1849-1927 (1869) 1
- McGeachy, Daniel Patrick, 1901-1970 (1922) 1
- McKay, Wilson James, 1848-1921 (1870) 1
- McKeown, Calvin Brice, 1854- (1874) 1
- Morrison, Robert Hall, 1798-1889 1
- Munroe, Colin Alexander, 1844-1919 (1872) 1
- Rockwell, Elijah Frink, 1809-1888 1
- Rumple, Jethro, 1827-1906. (Class of 1850) 1
- Russell, Lucy Phillips, 1862- 1
- Sampson, Anne E. 1
- Scott, Hugh Wilson, 1845- (1867) 1
- Silliman, Benjamin, 1779-1864 1
- Smith, William Alexander, 1843-1934 (1865) 1 ∧ less