Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 19
Scope and Contents The collection consists of a letter to Miss Cornelia Shaw describing Davidson College in the 1880s.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of two letters written by Munroe. The first written in 1869 while Munroe was a student describes Davidson College and the faculty. There is also a typescript of the letter. The second letter was written in 1917 to Miss Cornelia Shaw and gives his memories of college life.
Dates: 1869 - 1917
Scope and Contents The collection consists of a letter written to Cornelia Shaw describing Burwell's memories of Davidson College faculty and students.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of correspondence (1850-1869), reports (1848-1857), literary materials (1851-1867), and a certificate (1783). The correspondence includes a letter to Benjamin Silliman (1850) and letters about Davidson College (1867-1869). The reports include a subscription book for the college (1848-1850), an account book (1854-1857) and a report of the Treasurer(1850). The literary materials include notebooks of clippings about church history and the American Revolution with...
Dates: 1783, 1848-1869
Scope and Contents The collection consists of a letter written to Miss Cornelia Shaw, librarian of Davidson College. The letter gives some family history and describes college life and the faculty in the 1860s. For the typescript of "The Chambers Family of Iredell County" by Henry Chambers, see the Farmville file in Chalmer Davidson's Plantation files (DC058).
Scope and Contents The collection consists of manuscript copies of 4 letters and photocopies of 22 letters written by Fries (1874-1876) and speeches given to the Philanthropic Society as vice-president and president in 1877. The letters discuss college life and Davidson faculty. The location of the original letters for the photocopies in unknown.
Dates: 1874 - 1877
Scope and Contents The collection contains correspondence, literary materials, biographical information, and restricted information. The correspondence includes letters from family and aquaintances from 1936-1966, letters from students, 1956-1973, letters of condolence following Lilly's death in 1973, and letters he wrote to Mrs. Lilly, 1948-1965. There is also considerable correspondence between Lilly and Harriet Doar, Charlotte Observer Book Editor, 1962-1969 and with former student John McKnight, 1973-1974...
Dates: 1922 - 1995
Scope and Contents The collection consists of Correspondence, 1930-1968, Literary materials 1834-1937, Humanities, 1962-1975, Printed Materials, 1920-1977. The correspondence is primarily from Davidson College president Walter Lingle about McGeachy's appointment to the college faculty. There is also a postcard to McGeachy from fellow professor Charles Eberhart The literary materials include McGeachy's valedictory address and papers written in graduate school. The Humanities materials include annotated syllabi,...
Dates: Existence: Majority of material found within 1920 - 1977
Scope and Contents The collection consists of correspondence with Cornelia Shaw (1917-1920) and a 32 page memoir, "Reminiscences of Davidson College, 1862-1870."
Dates: 1917 - 1920
Scope and Contents The collection consists of correspondence 1939-1992 primarily between Wharton and Dr. Chalmers Davidson, a copy of a 1934 Alumni Journal article on Wharton, and an essay on Caleb Richmond Harding, Davidson class of 1880 and faculty member, 1888-1935. The essay was written for Professor Ewrin and has his corrections on it.
Dates: 1934 - 1992
- Davidson College - Students 10
- Davidson College - History 5
- African-Americans 1
- Civil War 1
- Davidson College - Boarding Houses 1
- Davidson College - Curriculum 1
- Davidson College - Humanities Program 1
- Davidson College - Philanthropic Society 1
- Davidson College - Staff 1
- Davidson, Chalmers Gaston 1
- Emerson, Ralph Waldo 1
- Erwin, Edward Jones, 1885-1954 (1906) 1
- Iredell County (N.C.) 1
- Lilly, Henry Tracy (1918), 1897-1973 1
- Lilly, Mrs. Henry Tracy, 1912-1995 1
- Lingle, Walter Lee, 1868-1956 (1892) 1
- Lynch, William Bingham, 1834- 1
- McGeachy, D.P. III (1951) 1
- McKnight, John (1928) 1
- Milton, John 1
- Music 1
- Presbyterian Church - History 1
- Presbyterian Church -- North Carolina 1
- Sandifier, Myron G. Jr. (1943) 1
- Simmons, Frank 1
- Soviet Union 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American - 19th century 1
- Wilds, Louis Trezevant, 1885- (1906) 1
- Williamson, Samuel, 1795-1882 1
- Workman, William G. (1962) 1 ∧ less
- Burwell, Dandridge Spottswood, 1847-1929 (1865) 1
- Carson, William Waller, 1845- 1
- Chambers, Henry Alexander, 1841- (1864) 1
- Doar, Harriet 1
- Fleming, William Scott (Class of 1878) 1
- Fries, Henry Elias, 1857-1949. (Class of 1878) 1
- Grey, William Richard, 1858-1944 (1884) 1
- Harding, Caleb Richmond, 1861-1952 1
- Harrison, Thomas Perrin Jr., 1897- 1
- Hoffman, Laban Miles, 1846- (1869) 1
- Lee, Robert E. (Robert Edward), 1807-1870 1
- Lilly, Henry Tracy, 1897-1973. (Class of 1918) 1
- Lingle, Thomas Wilson, 1871- (1893) 1
- Lynch, Rebecca Neal 1
- McGeachy, John Alexander, 1911-1992. (Class of 1934) 1
- Munroe, Colin Alexander, 1844-1919 (1872) 1
- Pfohl, James Christian 1
- Rockwell, Elijah Frink, 1809-1888 1
- Sampson, Anne E. 1
- Shaw, Cornelia Rebekah 1
- Silliman, Benjamin, 1779-1864 1
- Vinson, William D., 1849-1897 1
- Wharton, Lacy Donnell, 1905- (1927) 1
- Wilson, Samuel Blain, 1783-1869 1 ∧ less