Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents The collection is arranged in the following series: Biographical Information; Addresses; Correspondence; Interviews; Printed Materials; Photographs; and Recordings. The biographical information includes information about Mr. Rusk and about his family. The addresses are copies of speeches given at Davidson College and at other functions. The correspondence dates from 1939-1994, most of which is between Davidson College and Dean Rusk. The correspondence, 1931-1942 with Professor G.R. Vowles...
Dates: 1930 - 1994
Scope and Contents The collection is organized into the following series: 1) Biographical Information; 2) Addresses; 3) Correspondence; 4) Printed Material; and 5) Photographs. The biographical information includes materials about his family and his wife, Pat. There are speeches from 1971-1976, including his statement of candidacy for governor, his commencement address to Davidson College in 1974, and the text to his televised "Talk to the People" from 1976. There is correspondence with Davidson College from...
Dates: 1960 - 1987
Scope and Contents The collection is organized into the following series: Biographical material; Speeches; Printed Material; Scrapbooks; and Memorabilia. The biographical materials include information on Mr. Martin's years at Davidson and photographs as well as information on his family and wife, Dorothy. There are a few speeches from his years as governor of NC. The majority of the collection is printed material, consisting of campaign literature from 1984-1989 and newspaper clippings of his political life and...
Dates: 1955 - 1994
- Davidson College - Students 2
- Davidson College - Dean Rusk Program 1
- Davidson College - Reynolds Lecture Series 1
- Davidson College Fund for Science Education 1
- Governors -- North Carolina 1
- North Carolina - Governors 1
- North Carolina - Politics and Government 1
- Republican Party (N.C.) 1
- U.S. Congress. House 1 ∧ less
- Holshouser, James E. (Class of 1956) 1
- Martin, James G. (James Grubbs), 1935- (Class of 1957) 1
- North Carolina Executive Mansion (Raleigh, NC) 1
- North Carolina. General Assembly 1
- Rockefeller Foundation 1