Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Contents The collection consists of a handwritten copy of Jame's valedictory address (last speech before the Eumenean Society as president) and the response given by R.H. Johnston, James' diary kept from 5 April 1847 to 18 December 1847, with an addition 18 March 1848 and another update written in 1852, a photocopy and typescript of a speech delivered before the Eumenean Society at Davidson College in 1875 and a typescript of his 50th anniversary sermon given in July 1901. The diary was written during...
Dates: 1847 - 1875
Scope and Contents The collection consists of a speech "The Hope of the Land" given by Douglass on June 30, 1871.
Scope and Contents This collection consists of Stewart's "Response to Valedictory" speech given at the Davidson Commencement of 1842 and a letter written to William M. Reid soliciting funds for a building for the Eumenean Society.
Dates: 1842 - 1843
Scope and Contents The collection consists of college compositions, and speeches, including English's valedictory address. The speeches and papers are on such topics as the Catholic Church, Bible history and happiness.
Dates: 1867 - 1872
- Davidson College - Commencement 2
- Catholic Church - Controversial Literature - Protestant authors 1
- Douglass, Charles Mobley, 1846-1872. (Class of 1872) 1
- English, Thomas Reese, 1859-1915. (Class of 1872) 1
- James, Albert Allison, 1824-1910. (Class of 1848) 1
- Stewart, Robert O. P. (Robert Octavius Patton), 1822-1850. (Class of 1843) 1