Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Albert Allison James Papers
Scope and Contents The collection consists of a handwritten copy of Jame's valedictory address (last speech before the Eumenean Society as president) and the response given by R.H. Johnston, James' diary kept from 5 April 1847 to 18 December 1847, with an addition 18 March 1848 and another update written in 1852, a photocopy and typescript of a speech delivered before the Eumenean Society at Davidson College in 1875 and a typescript of his 50th anniversary sermon given in July 1901. The diary was written during...
Dates: 1847 - 1875
Charles Mobley Douglass Speech
Scope and Contents The collection consists of a speech "The Hope of the Land" given by Douglass on June 30, 1871.
Evelyn Harris Hamilton Speech
Scope and Contents This collection consists of Hamilton's Eumenean Valedictory address given at the Davidson College commencement in 1917.
Robert Octavious Patton Stewart Letters
Scope and Contents This collection consists of Stewart's "Response to Valedictory" speech given at the Davidson Commencement of 1842 and a letter written to William M. Reid soliciting funds for a building for the Eumenean Society.
Dates: 1842 - 1843
Robert Zenas Johnston Family Collection
Scope and Contents The bulk of the collection concerns Robert Zenas Johnston (1834-1908) and includes school notebooks from Davidson College and Columbia Theological Seminary, student essays, correspondence, his sermons (1859-1907) and speeches, and a photocopy of his diary (1886-1908) as well as a small amount of financial and printed materials. There is also material on the estates of Rufus Johnston and Robert Caldwell, family correspondence, a copy of a scrapbook for James Davidson Johnston, (1915-1944),...
Dates: 1854 - 1963
Thomas Reese English Papers
Scope and Contents The collection consists of college compositions, and speeches, including English's valedictory address. The speeches and papers are on such topics as the Catholic Church, Bible history and happiness.
Dates: 1867 - 1872
- Subject: Davidson College - Eumenean Society X
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American - 19th century 4
- Davidson College (N.C.) -- Commencement ceremonies 3
- Catholic Church - Controversial Literature - Protestant authors 1
- Civil War 1
- Diaries 1
- Johnston Clan Bulletin 1
- Johnston, James Davidson (1937) 1
- Lacy, Drury, 1802-1884 1
- Mecklenburg Presbytery 1
- Photographs 1
- Slavery 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American - 20th century 1
- World War II 1 ∧ less
- Douglass, Charles Mobley, 1846-1872. (Class of 1872) 1
- English, Thomas Reese, 1859-1915. (Class of 1872) 1
- Hamilton, E. H. (Evelyn Harrison), 1895-1990. (Class of 1917) 1
- James, Albert Allison, 1824-1910. (Class of 1848) 1
- Johnston, R. Z. (Class of 1858) 1