Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Scope and Contents The collection consists of letters written by McKeown to friends describing college life and student unrest. There are also typescripts of the letters.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of two letters written by Munroe. The first written in 1869 while Munroe was a student describes Davidson College and the faculty. There is also a typescript of the letter. The second letter was written in 1917 to Miss Cornelia Shaw and gives his memories of college life.
Dates: 1869 - 1917
Scope and Contents The collection consists of two letters written after the burning of the Old Chambers building. McGeachy lived in Old Chambers and the letters describe the fire and the conditions immediately after the fire.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of correspondence (1903-1920) and literary materials (1903-1912). The correspondence includes letters from family and Miss Cornelia Shaw as well as letters written by McDowell. The letters mostly discuss Davidson College history, including the Civil War period. The literary materials are copies of articles written by McDowell on Davidson College.
Dates: 1903 - 1920
Scope and Contents The collection consists of a letter written to Miss Cornelia Shaw, librarian of Davidson College. The letter gives some family history and describes college life and the faculty in the 1860s. For the typescript of "The Chambers Family of Iredell County" by Henry Chambers, see the Farmville file in Chalmer Davidson's Plantation files (DC058).
Scope and Contents The collection consists of a letter written to Miss Cornelia Shaw describing Scott's college experiences.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of letters written by McCombs to his brother about family matters and college life. The majority of the letters date from 1854 to 1856. There are four letters from the period 1870 to 1885. Several letters in 1855 discuss the student unrest at Davidson over student suspensions and the donation by Maxwell Chambers.
Dates: 1854-1885 and undated
Scope and Contents The collection consists of correspondence concerning the Concord Presbytery, the manuscript of a biography of Rev. John Bunyan Shearer by Rumple, and manuscript notes about Davidson College in the 1840s.
Dates: 1878 - 1905
Scope and Contents The collection consists of a letter written by Long to his family describing college life in 1906.
- Civil War 3
- Davidson College - Faculty 2
- Davidson College - Board of Trustees 1
- Davidson College - Chambers Building (Old) 1
- Davidson College - Student Protests 1
- Shearer, John Bunyan, 1832-1918 1 ∧ less
- Shaw, Cornelia Rebekah 3
- Chambers, Henry Alexander, 1841- (1864) 1
- Chambers, Maxwell 1
- Cobb, Paul Whitlock (1950) 1
- Long, McKendree Robbins, 1888-1976 (1910) 1
- McCombs, James Parks, 1836-1902 (1859) 1
- McDowell, Franklin Brevard, 1849-1927 (1869) 1
- McGeachy, Daniel Patrick, 1901-1970 (1922) 1
- McKeown, Calvin Brice, 1854- (1874) 1
- Munroe, Colin Alexander, 1844-1919 (1872) 1
- Rumple, Jethro, 1827-1906. (Class of 1850) 1
- Scott, Hugh Wilson, 1845- (1867) 1
- Smith, William Alexander, 1843-1934 (1865) 1 ∧ less