Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 17
Scope and Contents This collection consists of McGirt's Respondent's Speech for the 1919 Davidson Commencement.
Scope and Contents The speeches include "The Fate of the Gifted" (1851) and his valedictory address (1853).
Dates: 1851 - 1853
Scope and Contents This collection consists of Hamilton's Eumenean Valedictory address given at the Davidson College commencement in 1917.
Scope and Contents This collection consists of Morrison's salutatory address for the Davidson College Commencement of 1916.
Scope and Contents The collection consists of a manuscript copy and a typescript of Burke's valedictory speech.
Scope and Contents This collection consists of letters written by Smith to family and friends while a student at Davidson, a letter from J. R. Blake offering a position as tutor at Davidson and the manuscript of Smith's valedictory address. In his student letters, Smith describes his religious conversion and college life. There are also typescripts of some of the letters.
Dates: 1868 - 1872
Scope and Contents This collection consists of Thacker's "Respondent's Address" given before the Philanthropic Society in 1888 and his Inaugural Address as president of the Society in 1890.
Dates: 1888 - 1890
Scope and Contents The collection consists of two essays: "Literary Attractions of the Bible" and "Philosophy of the Ages," receipts and a fund-raising appeal for the Philanthropic Society (1847-1848), attendance and grade reports (1846-1847), and Davidson College commencement programs for 1848 and 1849.
Dates: 1846 - 1848
Scope and Contents The collection consists of a manuscript copy and a typescript of Gibson's commencement oration, "The Triumphs of American Genius."
Scope and Contents This collection consists of correspondence 1859-1861 and speeches. The correspondence includes letters written to Thompson from W. N. Dickey, Drury Lacy, and others. The speeches include a manuscript copy of an essay "Music" given in 1859 and a printed copy of Thompson's Valedictory Address given in 1860.
Dates: 1859 - 1861
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American - 19th century 9
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American - 20th century 4
- Davidson College - Eumenean Society 3
- Davidson College - Philanthropic Society 3
- Catholic Church - Controversial Literature - Protestant authors 1
- Davidson College - Religion 1
- Dickey, William Nathan, 1834-1905 (1860) 1
- Lacy, Drury, 1802-1884 1
- Speeches, Addresses, etc. - American, 19th Century 1 ∧ less
- Alexander, Charles Carroll, 1832-1866. (Class of 1853) 1
- Burke, Henry Theodore, 1830-1894. (Class of 1850) 1
- English, Thomas Reese, 1859-1915. (Class of 1872) 1
- Gaddy, Risden Bennett, 1838-1899 (1859) 1
- Gamble, William Arnette, 1894-1973. (Class of 1923) 1
- Gibson, James Hampton, 1828-1887. (Class of 1854) 1
- Hamilton, E. H. (Evelyn Harrison), 1895-1990. (Class of 1917) 1
- Houston, James Franklin, 1826-1858 (1848) 1
- McGirt, Charles Augustus, 1897-1972. (Class of 1920) 1
- Morrison, Harlee, 1894-1985. (Class of 1916) 1
- Seabrook, Josiah McLeod, 1852-1906. (Class of 1877) 1
- Sherrill, Richard Ellis, 1816-1897. (Class of 1841) 1
- Smith, James Bayliss, 1849-1872. (Class of 1870) 1
- Stewart, Robert O. P. (Robert Octavius Patton), 1822-1850. (Class of 1843) 1
- Thacker, James Ernest, 1869-1945. (Class of 1890) 1
- Thompson, Joseph, 1834-1862. (Class of 1860) 1
- Wilson, Thomas Adams, 1827-1862 (1850) 1 ∧ less