Alpha Tau Omega. Records, 1950-1983
Scope and Contents
The collection contains the original letter granting authority to organize an ATO Club, the petition from the A.T.O. to the national chapter of ATO, copies of by-laws and revisions, and materials related to the 1951 installation. The minutes date from 1950 to 1968, with a gap between 1960 and 1966. The membership records provide biographical data and student activity lists for each member from 1951 to 1959. The Financial materials cover only two years and reflect basic budget activities. The Printed Materials include pledge manuals, an Davidson ATO alumni newletter, newsclipping from national ATO publications, invitations, and Rush publications. The Scrapbooks contain photographs, clippings, flyers, and programs. The Memorabilia consists of brass plaques for awards and a fraternity flag.
- Alpha Tau Omega (Organization)
Biographical / Historical
Alpha Tau Omega began as a fraternity at Davidson College in 1950. After losing its charter with the move to self-selection in the early 1970s, the house took the names of Apple-Turn-Over, and continued as a social house. It closed its doors in 1983.
2.00 boxes_oversize (2 boxes + oversize)
The collection is arranged in to the following series: By-Laws and Charter; Minutes; Membership; Financial; Printed Materials; Scrapbooks; and Memorabilia.
D-Room Case 2
D-Room Case 2
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Files acquired from ATO House with assistance of Mr. A. W. Bloodworth (1957)
- Language of description
- Script of description