Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity. Records, 1922-1992
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a small amount of historical information. There is a small amount of correspondence from 1922-1924, 1957, 1976, and 1989. There are alumni directories from 1963-1965. The printed material contains general information about the group, a pledge manual, plus copies of the Altar and Skull" from 1935-1964 and 1976-1989. There are rush publications from 1948-1963, and party invitations. Oversize material includes a 1984 desk calendar and the June 1, 1953 copy of Altar and Skull. T"
- Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity (Organization)
Biographical / Historical
The Beta chapter of Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity was founded at Davidson College in 1869, however faculty disapproval led the chapter to return its charter. The group reformed in 1893 and continues on campus as part of Patterson Court, having elected to participate in the self-selection process. The chapter disbanded in the fall of 2010, returning the 1894 charter to the national office.
1.00 boxes_oversize (1 box plus oversize)
The collection is organized into the following series: Historical Information; Correspondence; Membership; Printed Material
- Language of description
- Script of description