Sigma Chi Fraternity. Records, 1948-1972
Scope and Contents
The records contain a brief historical sketch of Sigma Chi fraternity. [For more historical information see the 1947 scrapbook.] There is a copy of the 1969 constitution. There are meeting minutes from 1950-1953. There are two copies of the 1971 annual report, which lists general information about the fraternity, including members and officers. There is an undated list of members. The printed material includes articles about the fraternity from various sources (1948-1971), chapter magazine,"Arrowhead" (1947-1957), copies of the "Wildcat Sig" (1950-1966), rush publications (1959-1964), and invitations and programs (1948-1967). The memorabilia contains pledge pins, napkins, and stationery. The oversize material contains 1947, 1949, 1950-1951, 1951, 1954, and 1955-1956.
- Sigma Chi Fraternity (Organization)
Biographical / Historical
Delta Kappa fraternity was founded at Davidson College in 1946 for the sole purpose of obtaining a national fraternity charter. In 1948 the group became the Delta Lambda chapter of Sigma Chi fraternity. In 1969, the fraternity divided, creating an off-campus organization call the Machis and then later voted to end its affliation with the national office. The group folded in 1971 due to the implementation of the self-selection policy at Davidson College.
0.50 boxes_oversize (1/2 box plus oversize)
The collection is organized into the following series: Historical Information; Constitution; Minutes; Annual Report; Membership; Printed Material; Memorabilia; Oversize.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
records were presented to the archives in 1972 when the chapter folded|2016-035
- Language of description
- Script of description