Chi Phi Fraternity. Records, 1908-1954
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a brief history of the group, plus names of members and a letter to Miss Cornelia Shaw.
- Chi Phi Fraternity (Organization)
Biographical / Historical
The Gamma Chapter of Chi Phi fraternity was initially founded at Davidson College in 1859. The chapter ceased meeting in 1862 but was reorganized in 1867 by John Lawrence Caldwell. Two years later faculty regulations closed all fraternities on campus and Chi Phi returned its charter.
1.00 folders (1 folder)
- Language of description
- Script of description