Board of Visitors. Records
Scope and Contents
The files consist of annual meeting information beginning in 1956 and newsletters beginning in 1983. The Trustee Correspondence file contains a letter sent to the Trustees with a proposal to create a board of visitors. The annual meeting folders contain by-laws and membership information. Some folders also include agendas, correspondence and the president's report to the Board of Visitors. Some files also contain information about the Ne Ultra Society which recognizes significant donors to the college. The newsletter file contains copies of the Board's newsletter from 1983 to present. Additional correspondence can be found in the Papers of Presidents Cummingham, Martin, Spencer, and Kuykendall.
- 1956 - 2010
- Board of Visitors (Organization)
Biographical / Historical
The Board of Visitors was founded in 1956 to increase the number of friends Davidson College has outside the obvious circles of its alumni and current student families, to make firmer the college's relationships with existing friends, and to bring to the Davidson campus annually a distinguished group of persons whose advice and support can mean much to the College's continuing strength.
3 boxes (3 boxes (69 folders))
The records are organized chronologically.
Range N Shelf 3
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred from President's Office
- Language of description
- Script of description