Skip to main content

Thelemite Club Collection

Identifier: DC040

Scope and Contents

The collection consists of a copies of the constitution, undated and 1982; histories and club policies, minutes, 1922-1996; correspondence 1940-2001; literary materials, 1947 and undated; photographs, 1947; programs, 1922-2006; and placecards used circa 1954-1957. The minutes list members, describe programs and have some financial records. In the folder for the minutes of 1951-1953, the 1953 minutes consist solely of two loose sheets; the Treasurer's Report 1952-1953 and the minutes of April 24, 1953. The 1955 minutes include a typescript with handwritten annotations of Lucy Martin Currie's paper on the town of Davidson. The correspondence is primarily thank yous and membership related. The literary materials consist of a typescript of a book with various chapters possible contributed by club members and short stories and a play written by E. J. Erwin. The programs are annual booklets that list officers, members, and program topics. The placecards are of two types; one with Christmas decoration, and the other with a photograph of the Chambers Building.


  • Creation: 1922 - 2001

Biographical / Historical

The Thelemite Club was founded in 1922 as a women's book discussion group. The first president was Mrs. Erwin. Men were elected to the club as associate members at the request of Dr. Moore MacConnell; they primarily planned and attended the social events of the club.


0.83 Linear Feet (2 boxes)



Immediate Source of Acquisition

donated by club members

Processing Information

Processed on 30-Jan-95

Thelemite Club Collection
Language of description
Script of description

Repository Details

Part of the Manuscript Collections Repository