Davidson Garden Club Records
Scope and Contents
The collection consists primarily of programs from 1971 to 1997 and a copy of the 1996 By-laws. Copies of articles published in the Mecklenburg Gazette by members of the club are available in the club's Davidsoniana File.
- Other: 1972 - 2006
Biographical / Historical
The Davidson Garden Club was founded in 1957. The first officers were Mrs. E. D. Cashion, President; Mrs. L.W. Cannon, Vice-President; Mrs. J.W. McCall, Secretary; and Mrs. A. D. Cantrell, Treasurer. The purpose of the club is to study horticulture and the art of flower arranging. Activities of the club include establishing bird sanctuaries at town entrances, annual flower shows from 1958 to 1970, decorating hanging baskets on Main Street during the summer and Christmas, sponsoring an annual Horticultural Symposium, and town beautification projects.
.21 Linear Feet
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Records donated by Polly Lester, 98-052
Processed on Apr-98
- Davidson Garden Club Records
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Manuscript Collections Repository