Centre Church Collection
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of a scrapbook, which was once part of the Davidson College Library Collection, containing material on the Centre Church. Newspaper clippings include histories of the church by Rev. E. F. Rockwell and Capt. R. R. Morrison (1938), as well as the Osborne Family by Dr. Archibald Henderson (1935), the centennial celebration (1896), and others about the church dated 1949 and 1970. Also included are a program (1963), an excerpt from a speech delivered by Dr. James McRee in 1897, a footnote on Pastor Thomas Harris M'Caule written in 1860, a letter from William Pharr dated 1872, and an undated photograph of the church exterior.
Biographical / Historical
The Centre Presbyterian Church was established in 1765 by early settlers to the Iredell/Rowan County area just north of Davidson College.
1 folders (1 file)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
from the Davidson College Library Collection
Processed on 09-Jul-01
- Centre Church Collection
- Language of description
- Script of description