Library. Circulation Records, 1924
Scope and Contents
The records consist of circulation statistics records for the years 1924 through June 1997. The statistics provide counts of daily circulation, with some years providing detailed breakdowns by Dewey Classification. The ledgers for the years 1987 to 1997 provide data only on door counts rather than items circulated.
- Creation: 1924
- Library (Organization)
Biographical / Historical
Efforts to establish and maintain a library for the use of faculty and students date from the founding of the College. Beginning with a small collection of donated books housed in the Chapel, the library expanded and moved to the Chambers Building in 1860. The two student literary societies also developed libraries. In 1887, the Union Library was created by the combining of the student libraries and the college library. The first full-time library director was hired in 1907, although the position also included duties as registrar and Presidential secretary. The college library has been housed in Chambers, the Carnegie Library (now the Guest House), the Grey Library building and the E.H. Little Library building.
2.00 boxes (2 boxes)