Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Scope and Contents The collection consists of a prize essay, "Agnosticism in Religion," presented in 1882.
Scope and Contents This collection consists of letters written by Smith to family and friends while a student at Davidson, a letter from J. R. Blake offering a position as tutor at Davidson and the manuscript of Smith's valedictory address. In his student letters, Smith describes his religious conversion and college life. There are also typescripts of some of the letters.
Dates: 1868 - 1872
Scope and Contents The collection consists of biographical information, correspondence, school work, financial records, clippings and invitations. The biographical information includes newsclippings, a copy of her eulogy and also information about William Richardson, a long-time suitor. The correspondence from 1907 to 1911 is primarily between Louise and her family while she was attending Peace College. She discusses college life and gets news about Davidson events. The correspondence between 1911 and 1917 is...
Scope and Contents This collection contains a school report on the history of the church written by Alexis Smith, a member of the congregation. The Polaroids (folder 3), were taken for this report. The collection also contains a souvenir booklet from the Homecoming and Revival celebration held on September 26, 1993. This collection is divided into the report text, the report photos, and the souvenir booklet. There is also a video tape with Alexis Smith narrating church history and a second segment documenting a...
Dates: 1993 - 1994
Scope and Contents The collection consists of annual program booklets, 1940-1992 and a typescript of a lecture, 1959. The booklets list officers, members and program topics. The lecture was given in 1959 by Mary Black on "Religion in Davidson."
- religion 4
- Davidson College -- Students 2
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American - 19th century 2
- Books and Reading 1
- Davidson (NC) 1
- Davidson (NC) - Churches 1
- Davidson College (N.C.) -- Commencement ceremonies 1
- Davidson College - Religion 1
- Davidson, NC - Religion 1
- Photographs 1
- Reeve's Temple AME Zion 1
- Trees - Historic 1
- Women - Societies and Clubs 1 ∧ less
- Reeves Temple A.M.E. Zion Church 1
- Sloan, Louise W. (Louise Withers), 1891-1992 1
- Smith, Egbert W. (Egbert Watson), 1862-1944. (Class of 1882) 1
- Smith, James Bayliss, 1849-1872. (Class of 1870) 1
- Tuesday Club (Davidon, NC) 1